Come to Salvation's Hand

A few years back, when I first started to read the bible, the word salvation was elusive to me. I couldn't firmly fix my thoughts onto what sin was, what forgiveness meant, or about doing ugly deeds towards God, His Son Jesus, or The Holy Spirit. But mostly, what did I fit in with was the many stories of God’s promise for His people...had I been cast out? Back then I knew very little of the God realities, but I came to understand the oppression in a Christlike walk when I started to question my thoughts concerning who really was above. In Psalm 119 I found my salvation.

Psalm 119: 81-83  KAPH 
My soul longs for your salvation; I put my hope in your word. 82. My eyes long to see your promise. When will you comfort me? 83. I am like a wineskin shriveled by smoke, but I have not forgotten your statutes.

As a new believer I spent most of my hours at home for lack of financial funds. I started reading the King James Version of the Holy Bible, the 1612 translation, and I also had a Gideon’s bible that I loved to dig through even more. I slowly became devoted to The Holy Word, and rendered my soul hoping to become a person of The Holy Spirit. I wanted to walk freely and learn to love everything that came in and near to me. Regretfully, while reading miss translations, I became very controversial in my religious theories. With that, I became a lesser prophet for that sinister nature. Though I walked for Christ I was personally affected by not being in a Christlike walk that had a purposeful reason to my walk. Seeing only darkness, I spent most of my time reading alone. With an interest only in matters of the bible I sat reading the bible word for word, way outside the usual church rhetoric, and being taught only by the sweet enlightening spirits in the One True Christ Jesus. It was where that truth, love, and the growing sense of belonging began to develop...and this time with some very interesting points of view.

The more devoted I was to reading The Holy Words the more the biblical scriptures themselves took on the modern day's current events. I deeply try not to interject religious meanings to everyday things--though that is what the bible is for--for fear of conflicts with communities' members. They too talked of Jesus. In my eyes, for some of them, the Truth itself was a stumbling block. All the same, my spirit wanted to walk and talk freely with Jesus. Leaving behind those who rebelled against the Living Word I strove forward promising never to go back again as the Truth in the Word was giving me a sense of freedom.

Love as He loves, became my new believer's work. Again, in my illusive meanings of salvation, I sought understands of the eternal knowing, of heaven, and my personal Christlike purpose. What was His realities to the covenant promise and who were His covenant children. Because I was here with the Christ was I now in the fountain of life with Him?

Finally, after hard study and a better translation (I went to New Living Translation), the first reminder, as it should be, is to a devotion with the Truth Jesus and to being a He believer. "One Truth, One Word, One Way" was my motto then, as it is today. It is through the Living God that all the Jesus questions were answered. And, it is the Only, one way, Holy Spirit that I can walk and talk towards a lasting, loving, and Truth worthy life.

Praise to Jesus. Salvation is an Existence for us all. Amen
.... So that, if a man only abstains from doing evil in order to avoid punishment, Non pasces in cruce corvos, [Thou shalt not be hanged.], saith the Pagan; there, "thou hast thy reward." But even he will not allow such a harmless man as this to be so much as a good heathen. If, then, any man, from the same motive, viz., to avoid punishment, to avoid the loss of his friends, or his gain, or his reputation, should not only abstain from doing evil, but also do ever so much good; yea, and use all the means of grace; yet we could not with any propriety say, this man is even almost a Christian. If he has no better principle in his heart, he is only a hypocrite altogether.
- Dr. John Wesley

KAPB Outreach