Refresh as A Child

Children are perhaps the most respected members of  a church congregation. Jesus teaches us to         "wholly" become like a child to even consider eligible for the beautiful heaven. That is, to believe and trust, and to learn. But how do we share, as adults, in a childlike experience? What do we do! We need to become as a child through a love as of Jesus Christ. So, where’s the starting point? Go and be friends with yourself. 

The basic path in a modified faithful worship is by entering into an understanding of God’s peace through Jesus...plus, the need to go to heaven.

Jesus tells us a story in the Book of Mark. It’s the story of the growing seed.

Mark 4: 26-29 
Seeds Grow by Itself 
He said, “This is how it is with the kingdom of God; it is as if a man were to scatter seed on the land 27. and would sleep and rise night and day and the seed would sprout and grow, he knows not how. 28. Of its own accord the land yields fruit, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. 29. And when the grain is ripe, he wields the sickle at once, for the harvest has come.”

But what do we give to be a seed, and to let it grow? First, know this…
Isaiah 43: 1-4 
But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, Jacob, and formed you, Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name: you are mine. 2. When you pass through waters, I will be with  you; through rivers, you shall not be swept away. When you walk through fire, you shall not be burned, nor will flames consume you. 3. For I, the LORD, am your God, the Holy One of Israel, your savior. I give Egypt as ransom for you, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you. 4. Because you are precious in my eyes and honored, and I love you, I give people in return for you and nations in exchange for your life.  

Grow your seeds! How? Tell our own heart to forgive any offenses committed against you. And, then, start again. Are you in a conflict? End it! Walk away from it. There is no profit if you let an unknown thief steal your happiness. Remember you must say goodbye to the worldliness' that seem to smother your life. You don’t have to remain in turmoil to serve God. Love itself can develop an earnest devotion within you...one that is rewarded, so come home to the hour of peace. Isaiah 43: 4," Because you are precious in my eyes and honored, and I love you, I give people in return for you and nations in exchange for your life."

Make the good trade off with the world to be with God, and a good life will come to you. A good starting point? Go and be friends with yourself. As a child in your own room you entertained yourself.  You be with the company you want to keep. Refreshed and relaxed having ended conflicts, you can start anew. Make friends with your own surroundings so people can see what you are when you are ready to go out among other when and if it's necessary. And, always remember to keep GOD in your heart.

Mark 11: 24-25 
Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. 25. When you stand to pray, forgive anyone against whom you have a grievance, so that your heavenly Father may in turn forgive you your transgressions.”

Turn to the Lord in prayer. Isaiah 43:2. You will pass through deep waters, But I will be with you. You will pass through the rivers. But their waters will not sweep over you. You will walk through fire. But you will not be burned. Jesus will set you free of all your transgression! Pray and communicate with Him in the best way to grow your seeds.

Finally, always remember what Jesus said about you. In Books Ephesians and John, Jesus left this message for you...
Ephesians 4: 30-31
And do not grieve the holy Spirit of God, with which you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31. All bitterness, fury, anger, shouting, and reviling must be removed from you, along with all malice.

John 6: 37-39 
Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, 38. because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me. 39. And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it [on] the last day.

 Jesus, I need to cast off worldliness, hatred, and strife. I want to grow a loving heart within myself .  Help me to forgive and forget my past conflicts. Enable me to remain in a constant love for only the pleasures of a true salvation. Blessed are you sweet Jesus. You prepared a way through the dark to the gate and the world behond. Amen
.... So that, if a man only abstains from doing evil in order to avoid punishment, Non pasces in cruce corvos, [Thou shalt not be hanged.], saith the Pagan; there, "thou hast thy reward." But even he will not allow such a harmless man as this to be so much as a good heathen. If, then, any man, from the same motive, viz., to avoid punishment, to avoid the loss of his friends, or his gain, or his reputation, should not only abstain from doing evil, but also do ever so much good; yea, and use all the means of grace; yet we could not with any propriety say, this man is even almost a Christian. If he has no better principle in his heart, he is only a hypocrite altogether.
- Dr. John Wesley

KAPB Outreach